Part-Time Public Services Clerks
Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library has immediate openings for three 26-hour per week part-time non-benefitted Public Services Clerks with a starting hourly wage of $12 an hour to work primarily at the Main library and Mt. Logan branch.
- Responsible for prompt and courteous delivery of customer service to library patrons, including checking materials in and out, answering the telephone, shelving, etc.
- Maintains library spaces to ensure safety and an orderly and attractive experience for library visitors.
- Assists patrons in the use of technology, including basic computer troubleshooting.
- Helps patrons locate library materials.
- Plans and implements library programs.
- Ability to understand, adhere to, and enforce library policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Some coursework at the post-secondary level desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Familiarity with MS Office, Google Drive, Zoom and other online platforms.
- Keyboarding/Windows proficiency.
- Ability to operate library technology systems, including computers, printers, copiers, software programs and other job-related equipment.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel occasionally throughout the county as needed.
- Evenings and occasional weekends required.
Email email@example.com. Please attach:
- a meaningful cover letter
- three references related to your work history
Open until filled.
Read the full job description.
As positions become available, we post them here and at chillicotheohio.com/jobs. Applications will only be accepted for a specific position when posted, and unsolicited applications will be destroyed on receipt.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve.
Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
CRCPL job descriptions are listed here.
For tips and advice about applying, click here.