Thanks to a grant funded by the State Library of Ohio and the Institute of Museum and Library Services, the Outreach Department has expanded its reach to two additional Ross County communities. 24/7 library hold pickup lockers, or BookHives, are now available for patrons to use at Zane Village in Chillicothe and in the Village of Clarksburg.
- The Zane Village BookHive is located at 11 Iroquois Ln., Chillicothe, right outside of the park office building.
- The Village of Clarksburg BookHive is located at 10849 Main St., Clarksburg, right outside of the Village Municipal Building.
The process is easy:
- Just search the library catalog for books, movies, and more, and, when placing a hold, select either “Zane Village BookHive” or “Clarksburg BookHive” from the drop-down menu for the pickup location.
- We’ll let you know when your items are ready to be picked up from the BookHive.
- Next, visit the BookHive, scan your library card or enter it and your PIN on the BookHive screen’s keypad, and a locker door will pop open with your materials.
- Retrieve the materials, close the door, and a checkout receipt will be printed. And that’s it!
- If by chance, you happen to close the locker door before retrieving your materials, you will be locked out and will need to call the library for assistance. Please call 740-702-4108 and a staff member will assist you.
- The BookHives are stocked twice per week. If you return books in the BookHive book drops, please allow additional time for them to be scanned in and removed from your account.
Library book returns, 24/7 public WiFi access, and pop-up stops from The Bee are also provided at each BookHive location.
For more information about the BookHives, contact Outreach Manager Mike Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-702-4111 or Outreach Clerk Trey Hitchens at email@example.com or 740-702-4108.