Free Internet at Home!
WiFi hotspots are available from the Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library for patrons lacking adequate internet connectivity at home. Thanks to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), 500 hotspots have been added to our collection through the Emergency Connectivity Fund!
WiFi hotspots use cellular service to connect devices to the internet. You can use a hotspot to connect a computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, video game player, and many other Internet-enabled devices. Since the Internet is delivered via cellular signal, service may not be available in all areas.
GUIDELINES & CARE
- Cardholders with a Ross County, Ohio, address may check out WiFi hotspots.
- Two options are available for WiFi hotspot lending:
- 28-day loan with 1 renewal if there are no other holds. Adults and children may check out, but children must have a parent/guardian name on file.
- 300-day loan, for students, educators, and patrons engaging in remote learning. Adult checkout only. If a child/student needs a 300-day hotspot, a parent/guardian must check it out for them and assume responsibility for the device’s safekeeping and return.
- The device is due at the end of your lending period. You may return it to a staff member at any library location. Do not return hotspots in library book drops.
- Please keep hotspot in a clean, dry, safe place. Do not get it wet or leave it in a hot car.
- While hotspot is not in use, please keep it in its carrying case.
There are no fines for the WiFi Hotspot Lending Program. If your hotspot is damaged, lost, or stolen, please call us at 740-702-4145 and we will remove the device from your account. Unreported or repeatedly lost or damaged hotspots may result in loss of future hotspot checkout privileges.
For technical assistance, call T-Mobile Support: 1-877-746-0909
WiFi Hotspot Lending Request
To apply for a hotspot, fill out the form below, or download a paper copy of the application and return it to any library location. You may also call the library at 740-702-4148, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You can still place a hold for a 28-day hotspot in the library catalog, and fill out a form when you pick it up. Once you’ve signed a form, we’ll add a note to your account so that you won’t need to apply for subsequent checkouts.
Fill out the form below and we will let you know when your hotspot is approved and ready for pickup. You will need to sign a paper copy of the form when you pick up the hotspot. Please bring photo ID.