Online applications for the CRCPL VolunTeen program will be available in April 2020. Training begins in May and the program runs through Bookworm from June to July. If you would like to volunteer throughout the rest of the year, stop by your local library for application details.
- Influence library decisions and plan future programs
- Involvement in the community
- Gain valuable contacts and experience that look good on job and college applications
VolunTeen Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Volunteer with children’s programs by preparing crafts, setting up events, conducting readers theater, puppet shows, or other special events for children
- Shelf read, organize, and decorate the children’s and young adult areas as needed
- Review and suggest new YA materials for purchase by the library
- Help with summer Bookworm program
- For ages 12 -17
- Have parental permission
- Have a CRCPL library card
- Complete any tasks or projects for which they volunteer
During Bookworm, teens can participate by volunteering or reading. During other parts of the year, teens can volunteer time to help out at the library on a regular basis. Volunteer hours completed outside of the Bookworm dates cannot be used toward Bookworm completion.