At the Main Library:
- Library open, browsing of collections permitted. Occupancy will be limited as necessary to ensure social distancing. Read more about reopening procedures.
- Holds pickup in the lobby
- Book drops outside and inside building
- Computer and Internet access, limited to 30 minutes per session
- Copies and prints: $.10 page for black and white, $.50 per page for color
- Fax machine: All local and toll-free faxing is free. For long distance faxes, the charge is $1 for every five pages, with a maximum cost per fax of $3. No international faxes.
- Free document scanning
- Free WiFi in the building and parking lot
Updated: Face mask policy effective 7/8/20: To continue serving our community during this difficult time of a worldwide pandemic, the Chillicothe and Ross County Library Board of Trustees has adopted the following temporary safety policy:
- MASKS REQUIRED—Library staff have the authority to enforce the wearing of facial coverings while visiting the library.
- In accordance with the Patron Code of Conduct, disobeying the direction of a library staff member and/or remaining on library property when requested to leave can result in a suspension of library services.
- Concerns about this policy should be directed to the library director.
- Thank you for honoring these measures, which are designed to keep our community safe, while allowing access to the library.
Masks will be provided at the door if you need one.
State and county health directives require that you keep at least 6 feet of physical distance between yourself and other patrons and library staff.
Children age 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult to enter the library.
In-person programs, access to the microfilm machine, meeting room reservations, notary public services, and tech tutoring have all been temporarily suspended.
County branch libraries are temporarily closed, but the book drops are open.
At the Northside Branch Library:
- Drive-through window materials pickup
- Drive-through book drop
- Call ahead to have tax forms printed: 740-702-4145 and select the Northside Branch Library option
- Free WiFi in the parking lot
- Read more about placing holds and picking up orders.