Beyond Books: Chromebooks
To aid in bridging the digital divide, CRCPL has obtained 36 Chromebook laptops for patron lending, made possible by a United Way of Ross County Covid-19 Response & Recovery grant and a State Library of Ohio CARES Act mini-grant.
Each Chromebook comes with:
- Chromebook laptop
- Laptop cord
- Protective sleeve case
- Laminated how-to guide
Who can check out?
Patrons of any age can check out a Chromebook, but a juvenile who wishes to check out a Chromebook must have an adult’s contact information on file. Only one Chromebook per patron may be checked out at a time.
What is the checkout period?
Chromebooks check out for 28 days with 1 renewal, if there are no other holds pending. Chromebooks will be quarantined for one week before being scanned in, so please allow extra time for that checkout to be removed from your account.
Care of Chromebook:
- Please keep the Chromebook in a cool, dry environment. Do not leave it in a hot car or where it might be damaged by spilled liquids or food. When not using the Chromebook, we recommended that you store it in its protective case, on a flat surface such as a desk or counter, free from potential damage.
- Do not attempt to change any settings on the Chromebook. If irreparable damage is incurred by altering settings, you may be charged the full amount of $200 for a replacement.
- If your Chromebook is not working properly, please contact our IT Department as soon as possible at email@example.com or by calling 740-702-4116.
- Chromebooks may NOT be returned in library book drops. They must be returned in-person to a library staff member.
Lost or damaged Chromebooks and cost of replacement:
- The IT staff will monitor and remotely disable any overdue Chromebooks daily.
- There is no grace period for Chromebook returns. Library accounts with Chromebook fees will be blocked until the fees can be paid.
- The cost of a lost or damaged Chromebook is $200.
Place a hold on a Chromebook.
Chromebook Connection Guide (PDF)
Return to Beyond Books main page.