Teacher, Parent & Caregiver Collections:
Teacher’s Collection Request Form
Parent & Caregiver Collection Request Form
Are you a teacher who has a special theme coming up and needs a collection of books or DVDs to support your lesson? Or a parent who has found themselves teaching their children at home during the quarantine? We can help! Just fill out the above form and we’ll do our best to accommodate all requests. Please give us at least 10 days to prepare your collection.
A staff member will call you when your collection is ready for pickup at the Northside Branch Library drive-through. Collections will be held for seven days past that date.
Failure to pick up a teacher’s collection twice within a year may result in suspension of teacher card privileges for the remainder of the school year.
- Any school educator (K – 12), preschool educator, librarian, daycare instructor or homeschool educator may apply for a teacher card.
- You may check out any materials on a teacher’s card except video games and WiFi Hotspots.
- Materials checked out on library cards are not subject to overdue fines. However, you will receive notices for overdue items. If more than 10 items are overdue, more items cannot be checked out on the card.
- Please note, materials that are overdue for an extended period of time may be categorized as lost items. Teachers will be responsible for paying collection fees and/or replacement costs for lost or damaged materials.
- Teachers are encouraged to contact the library with advance notice of upcoming assignments or project requirements so that staff may order additional materials for students to access.
- We also offer library tours, school visits, parent/teacher education and curriculum materials (at Main & Northside), and public access to our Ellison Die Cut Machine at the Northside branch. A list of available die cut shapes can be found here. We do request that you bring your own paper for the Die Cut Machine. Library tours and access to the Ellison Die Cut Machine are temporarily suspended due to the pandemic.
For any questions, please contact our Youth Services department at email@example.com or call 740-702-4145.