The Outreach Department is currently making contactless deliveries to qualifying homebound patrons in private residences. Contactless deliveries of collections are also available for nursing homes and other congregate living facilities. Programming and technology training have been temporarily suspended, and some of the services listed below may be limited due to the pandemic. Call 740-702-4111 to see if you qualify for Outreach service and to place an order for materials.
The Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library offers a variety of resources for people with special needs. Some of those services include:
- Lending agency for the Federal Talking Book Program for the blind and physically handicapped
- Large print books, audiobooks, and braille materials
- Homebound Service for qualified individuals, area nursing homes, retirement communities, hospitals, and correctional facilities
- Homebound technology training for qualified individuals, area nursing homes, retirement communities, hospitals, and correctional facilities
- Checking In: In This Together, a service that provides friendly wellness checks via telephone to elderly or homebound individuals during the COVID-19 pandemic
To find out if you qualify for any of our Outreach services or to get more info about our programs, contact the Outreach Department at 740-702-4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
State of Ohio Talking Book Program
Library for the Blind
American Council of the Blind
Ohio Literacy Resource Center
Ohio Resources for the Deaf
Descriptive Videos (American Council of the Blind)