Homebound book delivery is available for individuals with medical conditions or mobility limitations that make it impossible or unsafe for them to visit the library.
How does Homebound Book Delivery work?
- You call us and place an order for books, movies, magazines, whatever you like.
- We round up the materials and call you when we’re ready to deliver them.
- You let us know a good time to drop the items, off, and we’ll drop them off on your doorstep at the agreed-upon time.
- You can either have someone return your items in a library drop box, or give us a call and we’ll arrange a contactless pickup.
The Outreach Department also:
- Provides and maintains book collections for local community centers, nursing homes, correctional facilities, and other congregate living locations.
- Serves as a lending agency for the federal Talking Book program for the blind and physically handicapped.
- Maintains a collection of large print books, audiobooks, and braille materials.
- Offers Checking In: In This Together, a service that provides friendly wellness checks via telephone to elderly or homebound individuals during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information about services, contact Mike Jones, Outreach Department Manager, at 740-702-4111 or email@example.com.
State of Ohio Talking Book Program
Library for the Blind
American Council of the Blind
Ohio Literacy Resource Center
Ohio Resources for the Deaf
Descriptive Videos (American Council of the Blind)
Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities