The library is pleased to resume limited hours and services at the Main Library. Drive-through service is still available at the Northside location for high-risk individuals, and patrons of all library locations are encouraged to utilize this service. Hours for both locations are:
- Monday, 9 a.m. to 12 noon
- Tuesday, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, 12 noon to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Friday, 12 noon to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12 noon
“We are being slow and cautious to protect our patrons, staff and families. We are grateful for our communities’ overwhelming support and understanding,” said James Hill, library director. All CRCPL locations closed in mid-March, but online services have increased.
“Our online usage of streaming music and movies, research databases and eBooks have gone up almost 50 percent each of the past few months,” Hill continued, “But we recognize that some patrons still want and need physical materials. We’re trying to make those available as safely as possible.”
New restrictions are now in place at the Main Library:
- Children 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult and the total number of patrons permitted in the library at one time will be reduced.
- Computers are limited to essential use only in 30 minute blocks.
- Updated: Face mask policy effective 7/8/20: To continue serving our community during this difficult time of a worldwide pandemic, the Chillicothe and Ross County Library Board of Trustees has adopted the following temporary safety policy:
- MASKS REQUIRED—Library staff have the authority to enforce the wearing of facial coverings while visiting the library.
- In accordance with the Patron Code of Conduct, disobeying the direction of a library staff member and/or remaining on library property when requested to leave can result in a suspension of library services.
- Concerns about this policy should be directed to the library director.
- Thank you for honoring these measures, which are designed to keep our community safe, while allowing access to the library.
- Masks will be provided at the door if you need one.
- State and county health directives require that you keep at least 6 feet of physical distance between yourself and other patrons and library staff while inside the library.
- Shared surfaces will be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- In-person programs, meeting room reservations, notary services, and tech tutoring are still suspended.
Limited Outreach services have also resumed. Qualifying individuals who are homebound, have limited mobility, or are high-risk due to COVID-19 can receive a contactless drop-off of library materials on their front porch or other designated location. Call Outreach Department Manager Mike Jones at 740-702-4111 to see if you qualify and to request items.
Patrons may reserve books online or call the library at 740-702-4145 to place a hold to pick up items at either Northside or the Main Library. Bookworm and programs for all ages continue to be streamed on the library’s Facebook and YouTube pages. Visit our Calendar of Events and Hours & Locations page for more information about library services.