Frustrated with technology? We are here to help!
Free Remote Tech Tutoring appointments are available for topics such as:
- Device setup
- Device troubleshooting
- Computers 101
- Email 101
- Social media
- Using the library catalog
- Using library apps
- Using the library’s databases and digital resources
- Digital photos and editing
- Resume creation
- Job searching online
- Intro to Microsoft programs: Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint
- Online shopping and selling
- And much more!
How does Remote Tech Tutoring work?
The library offers two methods of Remote Tech Tutoring: in the comfort of your own home, and at the Remote Tech Tutoring Station at the Main Library, 140 S. Paint St., Chillicothe.
Remote Tech Tutoring @ Home
- An Internet connection
- A personal computer or laptop with Windows operating system; OR
- an iPhone, iPad, or Android device with the TeamViewer QuickSupport app installed
- A separate phone to communicate with the Tech Trainer
For Remote Tech Tutoring @ Home, our Tech Trainer will utilize the Windows Remote Assistance program on personal computers, and the TeamViewer QuickSupport app on mobile devices, in order to view your device remotely (for troubleshooting), and also to share their screen with you (for demonstration and instruction).
Remote Tech Tutoring @ Main
- Visit the Main Library during open hours
- Utilize the Remote Tech Tutoring Station on the second floor of the Main library
- Use of the Remote Tech Tutoring Station is limited to one hour per session, one session per day
For Remote Tech Tutoring @ Main, you will use Zoom conferencing software (with a webcam, headphones, and microphone) to video chat with our Tech Trainer. They will use a variety of digital tools that will allow them to see your screen (for troubleshooting), share their screen (for demonstration or instruction), or to run an emulation or simulation of the device in question.
If you are interested in scheduling a Remote Tech Tutoring session, please fill out the request form below and our Tech Trainer will contact you to set up a date and time for your appointment. Please note: Your appointment is not confirmed until we contact you.