CRCPL MOVES TO CURBSIDE & APPOINTMENT SERVICES
Following Ross County Health District recommendations, effective Monday, December 21, 2020, the Chillicothe and Ross County Public Library will be open for Contactless Curbside Pickup and Walk-Up Services ONLY at our 9 locations. Limited computer use, by appointment, will be available at the Main Library. Drive-through service is still available at the Northside Branch. There will be no entry into our buildings for browsing or pick-ups.
We continue to follow the guidelines provided by public health officials. We hope to reopen when it’s safer for our customers and staff.
In the meantime, please continue to take advantage of reserving items online and picking them up with our contact-free options.
- You can still return your items in our exterior book returns at any time. Please remember, we quarantine all items for at least 5 days before they are checked in.
- If you or your family members are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or recently tested positive for COVID-19, please do not return your items until you are well.
Effective 12/21/20, Curbside Pickup hours will be:
- Main Library – Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 12 noon
- Northside Library Drive-Through – Monday through Friday 3 to 6 p.m.
- Howard S. Young (Frankfort) Branch – Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 12 noon to 3 p.m.
- Paxton Branch – Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 12 noon to 3 p.m.
- Kingston Branch – Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 12 noon to 3 p.m.
- Richmond Dale Branch – Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 12 noon to 3 p.m.
- Huntington Branch – Monday and Wednesday, 4 to 6 p.m.
- Mt. Logan Branch – Monday and Wednesday, 4 to 6 p.m.
- South Salem Branch – Monday and Wednesday, 4 to 6 p.m.
HOW TO USE CURBSIDE PICKUP:
- Place holds for items online or by calling the library. Choose your pickup location when you reserve your items.
- Once you’ve been notified that your item is ready to pick up:
- Visit the correct location during open hours.
- Look for the Curbside Pickup signs posted in the parking lot or on the front door.
- Have your library card number ready.
- Call the phone number on the sign and follow instructions for your location.
- Staff answering the phone will check out your items and bring them to your vehicle or place them in a neutral location at the building entrance.
- Please wear a face covering when interacting with staff.
- Additional Grab & Go items are available at pickup. Staff will grab additional items – just ask when you call.
HOW TO USE WALK-UP/GRAB AND GO SERVICE:
- Visit the library during open hours.
- Have your library card number ready.
- Call the phone number on the Curbside Pickup sign or on the door.
- Staff answering the phone will pull items currently available at that location. They will check out your items and deliver them to your vehicle or leave them in a neutral location outside the building entrance for walk-up, contact-free pickup.
- Face coverings are required for walk-up pickup or while interacting with staff during vehicle drop off.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR COMPUTER USE: MAIN LIBRARY ONLY
- All appointments are 30 minutes, limited to one appointment per day per person as available.
- Call 740-702-4145 during curbside hours or leave a message to schedule an appointment with a staff member.
- Arrive five minutes before the appointment time and call the Curbside Pickup number to notify staff of your arrival.
- You will be given a health screen before entering the building. Face masks are required for building entry and to receive on-site library service.
DRIVE-THROUGH SERVICES AT THE NORTHSIDE LIBRARY:
Several services are available through our Drive-Through Window at the Northside Branch Library:
- Holds pickup
- For Grab & Go service, simply drive through the window and let our staff member know what you’d like. You may park in the parking lot while we pull the items. We will call you when they are ready and you can drive back through.
- Copies, faxing, and printing are available (see section below for printing instructions)
- Please wear a face covering when interacting with our staff through the drive-through window.
PRINTING SERVICES AT THE NORTHSIDE LIBRARY:
- If you’d like to print something at Northside, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Examples of printing requests are:
- Documents (standard formats, please – .doc, .docx, .pdf, .jpg, etc.) – Please attach your document to the email.
- A web page (recipes, Wikipedia/encyclopedia entries, etc.) – Please include the web link in your email.
- Governmental forms (tax forms, social service applications, etc.) – Please indicate what kind of forms you need in your email.
- In your email, please include:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- How many copies of the print do you need?
- Do you need front/back printing, or one-sided only?
- Do you need black & white or color prints
- After you’ve sent us your printing request via email:
- Call the Northside library at 740-702-4145 to let us know you’re on the way to pick up your prints.
- Use the Drive-Through window to pick up and pay for your prints.
- The Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library is committed to protecting your privacy in your electronic communications with us. Your printing request, along with any information you provide, is only accessible by a limited number of CRCPL employees who will help print the documents and information you need. Completed print jobs are deleted promptly from our queue, and unclaimed print jobs are deleted after two weeks.