The library will be closed until further notice.
All library materials currently checked out will not be due until April 30, 2020.
Our first priority is safety, but we’re also focused on maintaining library access.
This page is updated as information becomes available.
In the meanwhile…
- Register online for a library card.
- Check out our online resources, like eBooks, music, movies, TV shows, online courses, arts and crafts, research databases, and so much more.
- Check out our staff-curated list of free stay-at-home web sites and activities.
- Check out our daily survival tips, livestreamed storytimes, and additional updates on Facebook.
- For physical books, visit the Free Little Libraries located outside of our Northside, Richmond Dale, South Salem, Paxton Frankfort, Kingston, and Mt. Logan branches, and also behind the Annex at the Main Library and at Yoctangee Park. Take and keep what you like. We also help stock the Free Little Library at the YMCA in Chillicothe. If you pick up books from our Free Little Libraries, please take precautions to sanitize the materials before bringing them into your home. CDC recommendations for sanitizing can be found here.
Ohio Department of Health hotline: 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
Read Governor DeWine’s Stay At Home Order (March 22, 2020)
- March 16 update:
While we recognize that the library is an essential service for many, we also acknowledge the unprecedented position we find ourselves in. Effective at 5 p.m. on Monday, March 16, all Chillicothe and Ross County locations will be closed until at least April 6. Periodic updates will be posted on our website and social media platforms as information becomes available.
The Main Library Annex and Northside buildings will still be open for voting on Tuesday, March 17.
We apologize for the short notice of this closure, but encourage you take advantage of the many online resources found on our website: www.crcpl.org. Additionally, most of our county locations have Free Little Libraries near the front doors of the buildings. During this closure, staff will periodically restock those boxes. In Chillicothe, the Free Little Library at the YMCA will be maintained.
Key staff will be working remotely and may be available to answer email questions. However, please be patient while waiting for a response.
Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe and stay in to checkout.
- March 13 update:
- Effective Saturday, March 14, all library programs are cancelled and will resume on Monday, April 6.
- The meeting rooms are still open, but if you’re planning on attending a meeting, please check with the organizers first.
- The Main Library Annex and Northside locations are still polling places for the March 17 Primary.
- The Mt. Logan location will be closed until April 6. All other locations are maintaining regular hours.
- The snack and meal program are continuing (except at Mt. Logan) as normally scheduled.
- March 12: Read the library’s Press Statement.
- March 9: Read the Blog Post.