Even though we’ve had Bookworm for over 60 years now, there’s always something new to learn and explore.
The fundamentals of Bookworm are just the way you remember. Over the summer, kids (and adults!) can read books, log their time reading, and earn cool prizes, from slime and string dolls to trophies and Kindles!
Starting on June 4, you can get registered at your local library, or register yourself on our website: www.crcpl.org.
Come to the Bookworm Kickoff Party!
June 4 at the Northside Branch at 5:30
You can get registered, have snow cones, get your face painted, and enjoy a show with magician Mark Wood! That’s when the summer really gets moving.
After the kickoff party, there will be all kinds of programs for you to enjoy at all nine of our locations throughout the summer!
- See bugs with Dr. Insecta at the Kingston Branch.
- Listen to bluegrass music (and play with instruments!) with Lafferty Pike at the Huntington Branch.
- Get up close and personal with local reptiles in Richmond Dale and at Mt. Logan.
- See even more reptiles with The Turtle Lady in South Salem and at Northside.
- Rock out to the wizard rock music of Tonks and the Aurors at our Main Library.
- See a Chef Battle with The Caravan in Frankfort.
- And, visit with sting rays from the Newport Aquarium at our Paxton Branch and the Main Library.
Does that seem like a whole lot of stuff? Well there’s even MORE here on the website under Events!
And last, but far from least, we hope to see you at
The Bookworm Finale Party
at Yoctangee Park on July 26 at 5:30
We’ll handout trophies, parade through the whole park,
celebrate our summer with chips and hot dogs from the Haute Doggerie,
a concert with The Shazzbots, and have a pool party
for those that completed their Bookworm challenge!
Wow. That’s a lot of fun going on here this summer, isn’t it?